Franchise Hotel - Maintenance
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Canada, Oakville
Hotel: Oakville (Centre) - (YYZOK)
Job number: FRYYZOK1917
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. At Holiday Inn®️ we thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn®️ family.
Your day to day
We go above and beyond to keep our guests’ experiences on track. If you can fix it for our hotel to run smoothly, you could be the perfect match for our new Maintenance Representative role.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Repairing, replacing and refurbishing items around the hotel
● Taking responsibility for the safety and cleanliness of areas inside and outside of the hotel
● Following the preventative maintenance calendar and looking for new ways to improve our guests’ experiences
● Keeping your supervisor or duty manager in the loop with supply levels
● Being ready to step up and take on extra duties when the team needs you
What we need from you
● You’ll have at least one year of maintenance or repair work under your belt
● A high school diploma or related vocational training
● You’ll be familiar with Microsoft Office, a building management programme and/or any other reporting tools like HotSos, Opera, Lutron, Bartech, or Inncom and Quore
● On top of building equipment and hand tools, you’ll have a working knowledge of basic plumbing, electrics and preventative maintenance procedures
● CPO certification – if the hotel has a pool, a Certified Pool Operator license would be ideal
● A reasonable level of fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day, and will need to bend and kneel a lot
● As well as meeting local laws on food handling and serving alcohol, you’ll be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
● Great communication skills, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.