Franchise Hotel - Kitchen Assistent
Hotel Brand: holidayinn
Location: Spain, Barcelona
Hotel: Barcelona - Sant Cugat - (BCNCD)
Job number: FRBCNCD1758
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. At Holiday Inn Barcelona - Sant Cugat we thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn Barcelona - Sant Cugat family.
Your day to day
Every plate has the potential to create a memory that lasts a lifetime for our guests. To deliver all this and more, we’re looking for a Cook / Commis Chef with a passion for presentation, dedication to flavour and commitment to setting high standards from workspace to table and beyond.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Making every single meal a feast for the eyes and treat for the tastebuds
● Taking ownership for your workstation – keeping on top of supplies, equipment and waste
● Being cleaner than clean to meet or exceed local cleanliness and hygiene laws
● Helping with washing up and other kitchen duties where needed
● Taking on other ad-hoc duties like a true team player
What we need from you
● The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg) which can also involve bending and kneeling
● A good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths
● The flexibility to work night, weekend and holiday shifts
● Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to be above the minimum age required and fluent in the local language
● Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits such as free use of our gym designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.