Franchise Hotel - Human Resource Assistant
Hotel Brand: Independent (SPHC)
Location: United States, Missouri, Columbia
Hotel: Independent (SPHC) - The Tiger Hotel - (COUVO)
Job number: FRCOUVO805
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The Tiger Hotel is a luxury boutique hotel located in the heart of Columbia, Missouri.
Built in 1928 by Simon Construction Company, The Tiger Hotel was the most lavish hotel in Columbia, with modern amenities seen nowhere else. Designed by Alonzo Gentry, a member of the Statler Hotel architectural team, it was the first skyscraper between Kansas City and St. Louis. The Tiger sign on the roof became, and is to this day, one of the most notable landmarks in Columbia. In 1979, The Tiger Hotel was nominated for the National Registry of Historic Places and was named one of the top ten most notable places in Boone County in 2000.
We are the only 4 diamond hotel in Columbia, and in 2014 Expedia rewarded us with the 11th spot in their prestigious Expedia Insiders’ Select Award, an annual award recognizing the very best hotels and resorts worldwide.
Your day to day
Under the direction of the Human Resources Coordinator, the Human Resources Assistant will help administer the human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains human resource information system records, assists with new hire paperwork and processes.
- Assists in maintaining vendor invoices and organizing appropriately.
- Assists management in determining staffing needs.
- Supports compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning human resources (i.e., Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws, Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform Control Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act etc.).
- Assists in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists with new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in the efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
What we need from you
- Job Type: Full-time or part-time
- Pay: $12-$14 per hour
- Health, vision, & dental insurance for full-time after 90 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance for full-time after 90 days of employment
- Food discounts during your shift
- Friends and family meal discounts
- Room discount
What we offer
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Associates degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.