Franchise Hotel - Housekeeping Manager
Hotel Brand: Independent (SPHC)
Location: United States, Missouri, Columbia
Hotel: Independent (SPHC) - The Tiger Hotel - (COUVO)
Job number: FRCOUVO804
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Built in 1928 by Simon Construction Company, it was the first skyscraper between Kansas City and St. Louis. In 1979, The Tiger Hotel was nominated for the National Registry of Historic Places and was named one of the top ten most notable places in Boone County in 2000. Sold again in 2011, the current owners of The Tiger Hotel embarked on the most magnificent renovation to date and now The Tiger Hotel is Columbia's only 4 Diamond Hotel.
We are looking for individuals with the highest of standards, who understand what it takes to be the leader and are able to provide the utmost service to our guests. If you feel as if you have what it takes to be part of this prestigious team then we would like to speak with you.
Your day to day
The Housekeeping Manager will work directly with the team to successfully execute all operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Responsible for managing daily housekeeping functions and staff to ensure cleanliness in all guest areas, public areas, and employee areas.
What we need from you
- Job Type: Full-time
- Pay: $11-$15 per hour
- Health, vision, & dental insurance after 90 days of employment
- Company paid life insurance after 90 days of employment
- Food discounts during your shift
- Friends and family meal discounts
- Room discount
What we offer
- Comply with company policies, practices, procedures, and standards.
- Supervise day to day operations and all staff ensuring compliance with company policies and standards.
- Maintain inventory pair levels and putting in orders with vendors.
- Assign rooms to be cleaned to room attendants.
- Inspect guest rooms and areas, public spaces, and employee areas.
- Schedule employees to business demands and track employees time and attendance.
- Ensure employees have the proper supplies, equipment, and uniform.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
- Implement training programs for all housekeeping staff and assure that ongoing training is provided.
- Initiates and recommends personnel actions, including reprimands, performance appraisals, and action plans.
- Develop and implement action plans to improve guest satisfaction.
- Respond and handle guest issues and complaints.
- Other duties as may be assigned.