Franchise Hotel - Hotel Room Attendant
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Canada, Oakville
Hotel: Oakville (Centre) - (YYZOK)
Job number: FRYYZOK1234
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn Oakville Centre
590 Argus Road, Oakville, ON
147 Guest Rooms, Fitness Centre, Pool, Restaurant, Meeting Space/Rooms
Your day to day
.HOTEL ROOM ATTENDANTS
Room attendants (Housekeepers) are responsible for cleaning guest rooms for stay over and checkout guests
- Clean bathtub, toilet, sink, walls, mirrors, tiles, counters, and floor surfaces using cloths, mops, sponges, brushes, and/or specified cleaning agents and tools by extending arms over head, bending and stooping.
- Adhere to cleaning procedures and instructions for use of cleaning agents
- Strip and make beds, changing bed linens, which may require lifting mattresses weighing a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Dust all furniture, pictures, drawers, window ledges, and shelves thoroughly.
- Push and pull vacuum throughout entire room and empty trash.
- Replenish amenities, linens, and supplies in guest room.
- Sign for room keys, retrieve, push to assigned rooms and restock heavy cart. Visually inspect room for cleanliness and appearance and signify completion for room.
- Clean rooms, storage areas and corridors as allocated achieving standards of cleanliness and presentation as per company policy.
- Ensure guest supplies and promotional material in bedrooms and bathrooms are replenished achieving the correct standards for the room type.
- Report lost and found following procedures
- Understand the correct usage and storage of cleaning agents in line with health and safety regulations and manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use and clean equipment with care reporting any defective equipment
- Carry out opening and closing procedures while ensuring accurate completion of any reports.
- Carry out deep cleaning duties as allocated by the Supervisor on duty.
- Use linen and terry in an efficient and cost-effective manner while ensuring corridors are free from dirty linen/terry
- To report all maintenance faults to supervisor
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Weekend work is expected.
- This is a very physical position! Constant moving, lifting and bending. You must have good physical stamina to be successful in this position.
- This position is full time work with benefits allowance for successful candidates.
What we need from you
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Experience: Previous hotel-related experience desired. Physical: Requires grasping, standing, walking, repetitive motions, hearing, visual acuity, and may on occasion require lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds.
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
* Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Holiday Inn Oakville Centre is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff. We therefore encourage applications from qualified Aboriginal Canadians, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
What we offer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Day shifts. Health Spending Account, Free lunch on Thursday!
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.