Franchise Hotel - General Manager
Hotel Brand: holidayinnexpress
Location: United States, Alabama, Selma
Hotel: Selma - (SESSS)
Job number: FRSESSS1903
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The 63-room Holiday Inn Express - Selma, Al is looking for a hands-on General Manager to become part of the Integral Hospitality team and lead this beautiful property to the next level!
The hotel will benefit from a leader with IHG experience, strong customer service skills and a management style that includes detailed involvement with daily operations. The property team will be strengthened through a focus on training and attention to building structure in each department. Closely monitoring the top line revenue and controlling expenses will be key to profitability. The General Manager will receive strong support and direction from Integral Hospitality Solutions, an IHG approved management company.
At least one year IHG experience as a GM
Experience with Opera / Concerto
Sales and marketing skills; sales experience a plus
Accessible at all times by cell phone
Available to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
Represent the hotel in a professional manner in both appearance and actions
Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
Attention to detail and great organizational skills
Financial leadership to manage the hotel's budget
- Ability to train and lead employees with a track record of motivating team members for optimal performance
Your day to day
We’re on the lookout for true leaders. We need a new General Manager to take the top job and make it their own. Taking ownership of the day-to-day hotel direction, maximising financial returns, driving people development and empowering our team to create memorable guest experiences every step along the way.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Developing programmes and initiatives to increase team engagement and achieve against performance and development goals
● Maintaining compliance with all required brand and service standards – collaborating with colleagues to exceed guest expectations
● Building relationships with guests and external contacts such as current and potential clients, government officials, travel industry representatives, suppliers and local communities
● Leading annual capital, cash flow and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets
● Driving revenues, future profitability and maximum return on investment
What we need from you
• 1 to 2 years' prior hotel management with IHG experience preferred
• Experience required may vary based on size and complexity of operation
• Must speak fluent English
• Other languages preferred
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.