Franchise Hotel - General Manager
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Mount Pleasant
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express - Mt. Pleasant - Scottdale - (EHPPA)
Job number: FREHPPA718
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy. Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So, if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
As General Manager you’ll provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
- Functions as the primary strategic business leader of the property with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both IHG Group and property ownership
- Initiates action to support property revenue and profitability goals
- Measures, analyzes, and communicates property performance using revenue, guest satisfaction and associate management data
- Implements budgets, sales plans and forecasts for the hotel
- Identifies and champions creative marketing solutions that fit the brand and property needs
- Understands and leverages sales and marketing advantages over competitor properties by acting as a public relations representative for the hotel and brand
- Actively participates in the local community and build strong relationships with local officials, business, and customers
- Collaborates with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations
- Demonstrates brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all QA required brand and service standards
- Connects with guests to receive their feedback and build relationships
- Ensures a safe and secure environment for guests, colleagues, and hotel assets
- Develops and carries out action plans to be environmentally conscious, taking steps to minimize the hotel's carbon footprint
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we need from you
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
What we offer
- Five to ten years of prior hotel management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience