Franchise Hotel - General Manager
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Location: United States, Mississippi, Clinton
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Clinton - (CINSP)
Job number: FRCINSP797
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Clinton MS hotel is hiring for a General Manager.
Your day to day
- Manage all sources of revenue including guest rooms and meeting space. Ensures all departments are profitable and efficient and maintain strong working relationships with department heads.
- Perform duties of a Sales and Marketing manager including following up with sales inquiries & RFPs through Meeting Broker, IHG RFP, Lanyon, etc., making sales calls; working with travel agents and direct bill accounts. Secondly, Train and oversee management of Sales Manager.
- Maintain inventory control and order supplies and equipment as needed and in accordance to company procedures.
- Ensure staff receives proper training for each position, including safety training and standard operating procedures. Follow up consistently with staff and operation to ensure proper training is always in place.
- Inspect guest rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance consistently and per brand standards.
- Adhere to all franchise and company procedures and regulations as well as standard operating procedures.
- Promote hotel's policies and philosophies to employees and guests through direct and indirect interaction.
- Manage human resources functions of the hotel by controlling turnover, motivating employees, focusing on employee development and retention and conducting regular employee meetings.
- Comply with all the organization’s policies and applicable laws for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in a timely fashion.
- Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Provide a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Ensure hotel is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, including OSHA, EEOC, Wage Hour and Health laws.
- Respond to guest complaints and resolve problems in a timely manner to maintain Guest Satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain hotel metrics to ensure all brand standards and ownership standards are being met and exceeded.
- Be flexible and understanding of a hotel's needs and be available to take care of concerns at any time.
- Follow other duties as assigned by ownership.
What we need from you
50k - 55k Annual Salary
7 days of PTO with 3 Sick Days
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we offer
- 2 or 4 year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Hotel GM required.
- GM experience with IHG Branded Hotel is a plus.