Franchise Hotel - Front Office Manager
Hotel Brand: Candlewood Suites
Location: United States, Oregon, Portland
Hotel: Candlewood Suites - Portland-Airport - (PDXCW)
Job number: FRPDXCW676
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Welcome to the Candlewood Suites Portland Airport! Your home away from home!
What’s the job?
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Front Office Manager you’ll deliver this through managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations). You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
Your day to day
· Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
· Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, reviews, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
· Manage with front desk team social media campaigns for hotel to help strategize and promote increased guest engagement and financial return.
· Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
· Co-Manage the IHG Loyalty Champion role with AFOM to ensure that enrolment quota is met.
· Conduct daily checklist of AM shift to ensure front office is set up appropriately for PM shift and process guest check-in’s.
· Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
· Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained on Front Desk Procedures and check for compliance on trainings. Ensure team has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties and communicate to management those needs.
· Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards. Auditing reservations and front desk team practices to ensure that procedures are being implemented and followed by staff.
· Be available by phone as a manager for front end staff questions
· Assist with Accounts Receivable management for specific house accounts and payment processing including CLC, Travelliance, and IHG Rewards Club stays.
· Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports. Confirming processes are correct.
· Ensure proper credit card processes are being followed by Front end team
· Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
· Implement and execute credit card payment procedures for front end team.
· Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
· Train team members on emergency procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
· Conduct review of guest incident reports and ensure all guest are responded too in an appropriate and timely manner with accurate information.
· Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
· May need to occasionally assist with shuttle services.
What we need from you
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- IHG Employee Perks
What we offer
· This job is the top Front Office job and will report to the General Manager/Director of Sales. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee a team.
· Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / in Hotel Management/Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience.
· Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
· Must be a self-starter who has experience working through ambiguity to get the job done.
· Must be a problem-solver with a positive attitude and willingness to jump in and try their hand at new challenges and experiences.
Business and Hospitality Mind-Set
· Must be Business-Oriented and conscious of financial cost to house of decisions made.
· Must be able to thrive under pressure and stressful circumstances. True opportunity for growth for the right person.
Prior Experience at IHG Property Preferred, Opera Systems Experience Required.