Franchise Hotel - Front Office Manager
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Philippines, Cebu
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Cebu City - (CEBCC)
Job number: FRCEBCC939
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn Cebu City / Erawan Philippines (Cebu), Inc., is owned and operated by the Erawan Group PLC, Thailand’s leading hotel investor, developer, and operator with a continuously growing quality hotel portfolio in Thailand and ASEAN.
Your day to day
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As Front Office Manager you will deliver this through managing all aspects of the front office (for example guest registration, porter services, business centre, telephone services, concierge services, and guest reservations).
You’ll work with the Resident and General Manager to create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
- Manage day-to-day staffing needs, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to improve team member performance
- Educate and train team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Ensure your team are properly trained on systems, security, service and quality standards
- Ensure your front office team delivers a great service, professional attention and personal recognition
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to engage with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships to drive continuous improvement in guest satisfaction
- Conduct routine inspections of the front office and public areas and take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies
- Help prepare annual departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control labour costs and expenses with a focus on rate strategy, building initiatives and inventory management
- Oversee night audit function and preparation of daily financial reports
- Develop plans to increase occupancy and ADR through walk-ins and upselling at the front desk
- Check billing instructions and guest credit for compliance with hotel credit policy and ensure all transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Train team members on PBX procedures and serve as a central communications point during emergency/crisis situations; develop and maintain relationships with local fire, police, and emergency personnel
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty
This job is the top Front Office job and may report to a Director of Rooms at a large luxury or resort hotel. Typically supervises front desk agents, and porter/shuttle services, reservations, PBX, etc. May oversee a team.
What we need from you
At Erawan, we always put people first. We offer the perfect opportunity for talented individuals who are ready to grow and create new experiences with us.
We believe everybody has potential. Therefore, we offer a corporate culture and work environment that provide an opportunity to learn, think different, and do something new with career opportunities both local and international waiting for you.
What we offer
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management/ Business Administration, plus 3 years of Front Office/Guest Service experience including management experience
- Must speak fluent English
- Other languages preferred