Franchise Hotel - Director of Human Resources
Hotel Brand: intercontinental
Location: United States, Washington, Bellevue
Hotel: Bellevue at The Avenue - (SEAHA)
Job number: FRSEAHA1742
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Join the first InterContinental Hotel in the Pacific Northwest in a spectacular new project. The “Avenue Bellevue” is a new constructed mixed-use project consisting of 365 luxury condo units in 2 towers, 208 rooms and suite first class “InterContinental Hotel Bellevue”, restaurants, 1.000 unit parking garage and extensive 100.000sf luxury retail space.
Your day to day
Reporting to the General Manager, the Human Resources Director (HRD) is joining the international pre-opening team operated by Pyramid Global Hospitality Group and is part of the design, development and planning of all HR elements of the project and responsible for ensuring the efficient team creation, administration and management of all human resources functions and people culture for all operated services including luxury hotel operation (208 rooms, 9 function rooms etc.), luxury residential services/HOA services (365 units), valet parking and garage services (1.000 parking units) and extended services required in the entire “Avenue Bellevue” complex, including:
- Brand and culture
- Employee relations matters
- Wage & benefit administration
- Worker's compensation management
- Compliance with statuary requirements
- Budgeting and the coordination of related activities in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their customer service and business objectives
- Extensive experience in HR field in hospitality with opening / rebranding experience
- Work experience in luxury branded environment
The Human Resources Director serves on the Executive Committee and must be highly visible to employees throughout the hotel.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Retention of qualified employees
- Review and development planning
- Overseeing payroll functions
- Direction and administration of the employee reward & recognition program
- making sure employees are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration, and monitoring of all training programs
- Development, implementation, and administration of policies and programs related to the management of all hotel staff
- Making sure the hotel's HR function complies with all state and federal laws as well as regulations and court rulings which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating any new requirements
- Preparing annual budget forecasts for the Human Resource Department
- Preparing reports and forecasts for all involved parties from owner, operator, brand or HOA boards
- Being responsible for safety programs and Workers' Compensation benefits
- Maintaining all hotel personnel records and Human Resource files, ensuring confidentiality
What we need from you
The ideal Human Resources Director (HRD) candidate will bring the following required, desired and optional assets to the company:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent education/experience required
- +5 years Human Resources experience required
- Knowledge of Federal & State laws pertaining to HR
- Strong employee relations experience
- Luxury and upmarket hospitality experience essential
- Brand environment experience
- Cultural and team spirit ambassador
- Passion for training
- Pre-Opening or rebranding experience
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organization skills
- Ability to multitask in demanding environment
- Microsoft Office skills required
- Abra experience desirable
- Payroll knowledge required
- Bilingual a plus
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.