Franchise Hotel - Chief Engineer
Hotel Brand: candlewoodsuites
Location: United States, Texas, Dallas
Hotel: Dallas Market Cntr-Love Field - (DALSF)
Job number: FRDALSF1791
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
At Candlewood Suites®️, we provide a consistent, reliable, and down-to-earth travel experience. We nail the basics – making sure guests have whatever they need, whenever they need it so they can feel genuinely supported during their stay. A spacious suite to call their own with practical and reliable amenities, we’re all about easy comforts on the road.
Our locations across the Americas are always growing. And we aim to hire colleagues whose easy-going and good natured personalities really shine through to help guests keep their routine and feel at ease while they’re on the road.
Your day to day
Our guests’ safety and comfort always come first. Which is why we’re seeking out a master multi-tasker with the repair skills needed to keep our hotels looking and feeling their very best. Our new Chief Engineer will lead and coach a small but talented engineering team to stay one step ahead of our everyday maintenance needs.
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
● Directing daily engineering needs to ensure the right team is always on the right task
● Creating a safe, secure and comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy
● Maintaining and ordering parts and supplies whilst minimising waste and meeting
our green initiatives
● Being flexible to react to ad-hoc duties where we have to unexpectedly pull together to get a task completed
● Building strong relationships with outside contacts including guests, regulatory agencies, others as needed
What we need from you
● Four years’ experience in general building maintenance and/or construction or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Specialized expertise in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and carpentry fields
● Hotel experience preferred
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.