Franchise Hotel - Chef de Cuisine for InterContinental Bellevue at the Avenue
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts
Location: United States, Washington, Bellevue
Hotel: Bellevue at The Avenue - (SEAHA)
Job number: FRSEAHA2087
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The “Avenue Bellevue” development is a newly constructed mixed-use hotel, retail & residence project "The Avenue" consisting of 365 luxury serviced condominium units in 2 towers opening October 2023, surrounded and in synergy with the 208 rooms and suite first class “InterContinental Hotel Bellevue”, convention center, several restaurants, 1,000 unit parking garage and extensive 100.000sf luxury retail space.
Your day to day
Manages the day-to-day operations and provide excellent leadership to the culinary team. Special emphasis is placed on menu development within the In Room Dining department, lobby Restaurant and Lounge.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Collaborate with Executive Chef to plan and develop recipes and menus for the Food & Beverage outlets.
· Manage and direct activities of culinary team.
· Enforce established food specifications, portion control, recipes, and sanitation.
· Supply recipes for and suggest methods and procedures to culinary team.
· Establish specific goals and standards of performance management principles and practices to fully maximize productivity of culinary team.
· Assist Executive chef or ability to manage the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions of culinary team when needed.
· Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
· Collaborate with culinary team or Executive Chef to create daily food order for the kitchen to ensure efficient operation.
· Collaborate with Executive Chef in analyzing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
· Manage the schedules and enforce meals and break periods for the culinary team.
· Create weekly staff schedule.
· Create and deliver performance reviews for culinary staff according to company schedule.
· Execute monthly inventory of food items.
· Assist Executive Chef in meeting and/or exceeding monthly budgetary goals as it relates to revenue and cost percentages
· Participate in off-site culinary chef event to represent the hotel.
· Attend and participate in weekly kitchen financial meeting with culinary managers and property GM.
· Attend and participate in all kitchen and culinary related meetings.
What we need from you
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
· Excellent communications skills: verbal and nonverbal
· Excellent organization skills
· Expansive food knowledge
· Ability to project food cost as it relates to the budget.
· Ability to write recipes.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize
· Ability to research new techniques and trends in the industry
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
· Ability to work independently, autonomously and without supervision.
· Excellent people skills.
· Ability to multi-task and delegate
· Excellent creative skills
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Culinary degree and 3-4 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Current food handler’s card
What we offer
Pyramid Global Hospitality (“Pyramid”) is a leading hotel management company, operating in the US, Caribbean, and Western Europe. With portfolio revenues exceeding $3 billion, Pyramid manages 220 hotels, resorts, and conference centers, both branded and independent. The firm maintains offices in Boston (Headquarters), Cincinnati, Houston, and London.
What really sets us apart from its competitors is our reputation as an employer. Professional growth is not just possible throughout the company but planned and encouraged. The Leadership Team at Pyramid consider team member development its priority, understanding that success is only achieved in a workplace where every contributor is respected and recognized. This is why we deliver superior results.
In addition to competitive salary, we also offer a comprehensive benefits program.
· Medical, dental and vision insurance
· Free parking
· Supplemental Medical insurance including Hospital Indemnity, Accident insurance and critical illness
· Basic Life and accidental dismemberment
· Life insurance buy ups
· Employee assistance programs
· Competitive matching 401 k
· Pet insurance
· Hotel discounts program
· Paid time off
· Paid Holidays
Working with Pyramid Global hospitality is working for an employer that cares about your well-being where we put our people first. Come join us and experience career growth! We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.