Franchise Hotel - Bars & Restaurant Manager
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Ireland, Dundalk, County Louth
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Dundalk - (DBLDD)
Job number: FRDBLDD698
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The 129 bedroom, 4* Crowne Plaza Dundalk, is Dundalk's premier conference & events hotel. Our vast lobby is the perfect place to host a small business meeting, with Inca coffee lounge serving a range of coffee and pastries each morning. 14 Below bar is perfect for business lunches, catching up with friends, or a family meal out, serving food daily from 12pm until 9.30pm. The Rooftop restaurant is Dundalk's highest restaurant, located on the 13th floor of this iconic building, serving breakfast 7 mornings per week, and sumptuous meals on Friday & Saturday evening. Our dedicated meetings floor consists of a large break out lounge, 7 syndicate rooms, and a function room which can cater for up to 120 for dinner. On the ground floor, lies the larger of our rooms, the Hamilton Suite, with a large break out foyer, this room seats up to 300 for dinner, and is suitable for wide range of differing events from conferences, trade shows, exhibitions, weddings and gala events.
Your day to day
We now have a vacancy for an experienced Bar and Restaurant Manager. Leading our food and beverage team, you will play a pivotal role in the success of this department. The main purpose of the position will be to successfully manage the hotel bars, restaurant and lobby lounge. You will be required to ensure total customer satisfaction, and will be responsible for key metrics within the department including financial targets, HACCP, health & safety, brand standards, team training and development.
What we need from you
· Access to employee discounts at more than 5,600 IHG hotels worldwide
· Access to employee discounts at Tifco Hotel Group hotels countrywide
· Complimentary parking
· Uniform included
· Meals included while on duty
· Competitive salary
· Opportunity for further development within an established group
What we offer
Your main duties will include, but will not be limited to:
· Ensuring all bar and restaurant team members are able to carry out their duties to the required standard.
· Ensuring all guest queries are handled promptly and efficiently.
· Maximising revenue, through training and up selling, and also the efficient recording of sales.
· Ensuring all staff are familiar with safe keeping, cash handling, credit policy of the hotel.
· Assisting in the compilation and achievement of the Bars and Restaurant budget.
· Ensuring the team are fully aware of any menu updates, hotel promotions, corporate promotions or special activities going on in the hotel/area.
· Practice tight control on all stock and products.
· Ensuring all cashiering procedures are in line with company standards, and tight control is maintained on same.
· Assisting in stock takes on the 1st day of every month.
· Understanding budgets, and the importance of same, and ensuring beverage GOP is achieved and maintained.
· Compiling weekly and monthly reports for the General Manager.
· Liaising closely with the hotel Sales & Marketing Manager to agree on a promotional structure of the food and beverage outlets.
· Ensuring training is carried out within the department.
· Ensuring necessary procedures are implemented, and communicated to the team effectively.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of 2 years previous experience at Bar and Restaurant Manager level.
· Previous experience managing a team of supervisors along with a large food and beverage team.
· Excellent food and beverage knowledge in a similar 4* hotel.
· Complete computer literacy, to include Microsoft packages (word, excel, outlook etc.).
· Previous experience working with Micros or similar POS system.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Previous experience with, and excellent understanding of budgets, forecasting, managing payroll and other associated costs.
· Previous stock management experience.
· Excellent communication skills, with fluency in the English language.
· Previous brand experience, while not essential, will be a distinct advantage.
Please note that this position requires a fully flexible working schedule, initially spanning any 4 shifts over 7 days, eventually increasing to any 5 shifts over 7 days, including mornings, evenings and weekends. This is very much a hands on role, with the successful candidate being responsible for Fourteen Below Bar, The Rooftop Restaurant, Inca Coffee Lounge, hotel room service, and two function bars. Duty Management shifts will also be required.
Only candidates with the required experience and with a legal right to work in Ireland will be considered for this role.