Franchise Hotel - Assistant General Manager
Hotel Brand: Staybridge Suites
Location: United States, North Carolina, Charlotte
Hotel: Staybridge Suites - Charlotte Ballantyne - (CLTCC)
Job number: FRCLTCC1406
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The Assistant General Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of guest services (front office), housekeeping, laundry, and the Cafe department strengthening their relationships.
Your day to day
- Responsible for daily, monthly and annual property cash handling procedures, deposits, and security.
- Assists General Manager in creating the annual budget; monitors and reports variances against the budget; and tracks labor costs and related expenses.
- Resolve routine employee issues as needed and bring issues to the attention of property manager as necessary. Make recommendations to manager in accordance with progressive disciplinary policy.
- Responds to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Ensures cleanliness levels are maintained through routine inspections.
- Adapts to new job situation and information quickly. Handles multiple assignments and changes.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures and is able to effectively communicate them to employees.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments.
- Anticipate Guests needs, prior to arrival, and exceed guest expectations. Follow-up on service recovery.
- Oversee the breakfast and social hour operations including food and beverage, customer service and inventories.
- Lead the team in all training standards of service, beverage service, and all points on the service audits per area including Serve Safe training.
What we need from you
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working in hospitality management
- Previous Director of Operations or Assistant General Manager experience preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic Computer Skills (including Excel, Word and Outlook)
- May be required to work nights.
- Will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- May be asked to work overtime.
What we offer
- 401k after 90 days, fully vested, company match to 3%
- Medical (4 plan choices)
- Dental (2 Plan choices)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Awesome Paid Time Off policy
- IHG Rewards
- Northwood Hospitality Discounts
- Discounts at our Gallery Restaurant and Spa