Franchise Hotel - Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United Kingdom, Manchester
Hotel: Manchester - City Centre - (MCHAS)
Job number: FRMCHAS2479
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Conveniently located in the heart of the city, opposite Piccadilly Train Station. Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre boasts 298 modern and well-equipped bedrooms each designed with guest comfort in mind. With an unrivalled meetings and events offering, whether it be a small board meeting, conference for 140 delegates or a Summer BBQ for 300, we have a range of flexible and spacious rooms each featuring the latest cutting-edge technology. All rooms lead out to a large breakout area with direct access to the impressive terrace overlooking the canal.
Your day to day
As Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the restaurant, bar and award winning terrace Roby1844, you will be responsible for the management of the Restaurant & Bar team, as well as assisting and supporting the Meetings & Events Operation team.
- Supporting with the provision of an outstanding food & beverage service
- Ensuring that every guest experiences a safe visit, exceeding all expectations surrounding cleanliness
- Coaching, mentoring, and leading your F&B team with a trusting approach - ensuring their commitment to delivering outstanding service
- Getting to know your customers and using your relationships to offer suggestions to enhance their experiences
- Working closely with your Food & Beverage Manager/Operations Manager who will encourage you to love change and find your own unique ways to further enhance your guest experience
- Managing stock and labour margins against your P&L
What we need from you
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar supervisory position
- The ability to balance and manage multiple projects and tasks at one time
- Experience in managing & developing a large team, of up to 50 team members
- Exposure to understanding and following brand standards
- Detail orientated & incredibly attentive with guests as a result
- Flexible and able to remain focused on results under pressure and to challenging deadlines
- Self-motivated and confident
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.