Franchise Hotel - Assistant Executive Housekeeper II
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn & Suites
Location: United States, Minnesota, Duluth
Hotel: Holiday Inn & Suites - Duluth-Downtown - (DULMN)
Job number: FRDULMN692
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
Holiday Inn & Suites is a locally owned and operated hotel that is a proven leader within both the hospitality industry and the local community. Plus, we’re the largest hotel in the Duluth area. Which means we offer many employment opportunities for both the hospitality career professional and those interested in gaining a positive employment experience.
Your day to day
1. Works in cooperation with the Executive Housekeeper to supervise Housekeeping,
Laundry, and Custodial staff (includes hiring, terminating, training, and
development of associates). Enforces hotel and departmental policies and
procedures. Determines and enforces disciplinary action as required. Takes full
responsibility for the department in the absence of the Executive Housekeeper.
2. Monitors and documents performance of Housekeeping Department staff.
Conducts performance evaluations of subordinates.
3. Ensures departmental quality control (in-room continuity, rooms maintenance, etc.)
through continuous guest room inspections and by monitoring daily work activities
of Housekeeping and Laundry staff.
4. Ensures departmental quality control through regular Public Area inspections
(including rest rooms, hallways, stairwells, restaurants, and executive offices) and
by monitoring daily work activities of House persons and Custodial staff.
5. Monitors inventories of linen, supplies, and equipment. Completes linen inventory
on a monthly basis (before the 5th of each month).
6. Takes responsibility for Lost and Found Control (logging, tagging, mailing, etc.).
7. Schedules departmental meetings, organizes agenda, and records meeting
What we need from you
Our award-winning property not only offers a positive work environment with flexible scheduling, but also many other benefits including: health & life insurance, 401k retirement plans, uniforms and holiday and vacation pay. Our company also offers a scholarship program to UMD students (open to both employees and their families).
What we offer
• Understand, learn, analyze, follow, and implement instructions, hotel policies, and
Housekeeping standards, procedures, and policies.
• Maintain a positive, cheerful attitude at all times.
• Train, evaluate, and discipline subordinates, subject to management's direction and established
• Accept full responsibility for managing an activity.
• Plan and organize the work of others.
• Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
• Understand government regulations relating to hotel business operations.
• Make business decisions based on production reports and similar facts, as well as on past
experience and personal opinions.
• Deal with the general public, customers, and associates, as well as union and government
officials, with tact and courtesy, establishing a good will relationship with both guests and coworkers.
• Change activities frequently and cope with interruptions.
• Be organized and develop a suitable routine to use allotted room time effectively and efficiently.
• Work independently and with little supervision.
• Speak and write clearly.
• Operate a computer.
• Be able to work any day of the week, at any time.