Franchise Hotel - Accounts Payable
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hotel: Dubai - Safa Park - (DXBSP)
Job number: FRDXBSP2097
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
JOIN ISHRAQ HOSPITALITY
Ishraq Hospitality, established in 2007, has been here for more than a decade and by bringing our network of hotels together with a drive to nurture talent, we are committed to provide our colleagues “A Place to Grow”. We present opportunities for them to build a career, gain valuable competencies and skills through work experience, alongside some of the region’s best hoteliers.
We believe in responsible business and treating colleagues well. That’s why we promote equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion in our business; and strive to help people progress.
Join and grow in one of our hotels: Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira, Crowne Plaza Dubai Jumeirah, Holiday Inn Dubai Al Maktoum Airport, Staybridge Suites Dubai Al Maktoum Airport, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Internet City, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Jumeirah, Holiday Inn Express Dubai Safa Park
Your day to day
- Responsible for verifying invoices, purchase requests, and prepare checks for payment to the suppliers.
- Reports directly to the Chief Accountant
- Interacts and cooperate with Accounts Staff
- Interacts with other departments as required
- Interacts with suppliers
What we need from you
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Obtains invoice edit reports and edit report together with its relevant documents from the Cost Office and direct purchases from receiving Clerk.
2. Obtains purchases requests and orders from the Materials Department.
3. Checks, verifies the correctness of all invoices against purchase requests, purchase order and market lists.
4. Control the serial number of all blank bank checks.
5. Balance all inventories with the General Ledger and Cost Control.
6. To check that inventories have completed month end closing before printing month end reports.
7. To make sure that Internal Auditors has completed bank reconciliation.
8. Before end of the month closing the following reports should be printed and billed: - suppliers report - outstanding payables detailed - outstanding payables summary report - outstanding ageing trial report - detail aging report - outstanding - outstanding checks report should be submitted to the Assistant Controller
9. To complete month end closing procedures, update and reports as follows: - reconciliation audit report - supplier audit report - correction credit report - cancellation audit report
10. After the month end closing In December, you initiate the year end closing through function. Reports are produced.
11. Should do the filing of all documents: - Generated report - Unpaid invoices - Delivery Notes
12. Coordinate with the Assistant Controller and systems manager for any systems queries and problems.
13. To do the daily save for back-office Bookkeeper.
14. To do General Cashier witnessing as may be assigned.
15. To perform any duties that might be assigned.
What we offer
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life.
We welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our hotel family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.