Food & Beverage Traineeship (Certificate III Hospitality) - Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Windsor
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Hawkesbury Valley (SYDWD)
Job number: EMEAA31526
Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley is located in the Valley of The Hawkesbury River, just 45 minutes from Sydney & at the foothills of the Blue Mountains.
Based on 8 hectares of landscaped gardens, with newly refurbished contemporary rooms & suites, delicious dining options,multiple conference & events spaces & the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia, providing guests with a diverse destination experience.
Are you looking to obtain your Certificate 111 in Hospitality as a Food & Beverage Trainee whilst on the job?
Your day to day
We will enrol you to study Certificate III in Hospitality while you practice your learnings on the job! You will learn skills like these to become an amazing F&B Team Member for Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG):
- Create and set a warm and fun atmosphere to ensure a welcoming guest experience
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests
- Work with your kitchen colleagues to offer a seamless food service
- Look after your bar and your venue – keep it clean and tidy and make sure the alcohol is always secure. Clear glasses, food and other items all whilst having a friendly smile on your face
- Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
- Always follow safety procedures
What we need from you
- No experience is necessary!
- You will be a natural in hospitality, making people feel welcome and comfortable.
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and kneeling
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg)
- Flexible – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Articulate – a great communicator, you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
- PASSIONATE - we want someone with a can-do attitude, who loves our venue and isn't afraid of a challenge.
You must be an Australian citizen to apply for this traineeship.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.