Food and Beverage Team Leader | Crowne Plaza Auckland
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza
Location: New Zealand, Auckland, Auckland
Hotel: Crowne Plaza - Auckland (AKLNZ)
Job number: EMEAA34284
At Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, we're all business...mostly!
You could be continuing your career adventure with IHG and we could take your career around the world where you could be working in one of our 5,000 hotels in nearly 100 countries.
At Crowne Plaza Auckland we are looking for a superstar to join our food and beverage team as a Food and Beverage Team Leader.
Your day to day
During your shifts you will pay a particular focus on guest engagement within our F&B outlets. You will be ultimately responsible for ensuring a superior branded guest experience and compliance with quality and operational standards.
- Use a leadership style that creates a positive environment where colleagues are motivated to deliver consistently high standards
- Communicate effectively with your team, managers and executives of the hotel
- Develop your team through coaching, feedback and helping to create performance development goals
- Ensuring guests are provided with superior customer service at all times
- Taking appropriate action on all guest feedback whether positive or negative
- Conduct effective shift briefings
- Maintain a visible appearance and operational focus
- Responsible for cash handling and banking procedures if required
There is so much to this role on a day-to-day and it changes every single day! So why not apply now and you could coming in to meet with our team first hand and find out all about the role.
What we need from you
- Great communication skills
- Flexibility - we operate 24/7 so working evenings, holidays and weekends are all part of the job
- Customer service experience
- Minimum of 1-2 year's in a customer service role
- Strong - this role can get physical in terms of lifting, pushing and pulling large objects up to 23kg
- Previous experience in a hotel is beneficial for the role
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including;
- Paid birthday leave;
- Enhanced parental leave;
- Flexible work options;
- Proactive health days;
- Free meals whilst on duty;
- Discounted car parking in the heart of the city.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further. Other benefits that you will receive during each shift include free duty meals and uniform provided and laundered.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us or follow our extraordinary adventures on Instagram, @ihg_nz_careers.
Please note that we will only consider candidates who can prove their valid rights to live and work in New Zealand.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.