Food & Beverage Team Leader - Banquets - InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, Queensland, Sanctuary Cove
Hotel: Sanctuary Cove Resort (BNEQL), Manor Circle, 4212
Job number: 123096
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
As the first InterContinental Resort to land in Australia, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reflects the grand, graceful architecture of a classic Queensland estate, nestled within the beautiful surrounds of Sanctuary Cove. As an event professional, it’s a playground of possibilities like you’ve never seen before. A blank canvas and sanctuary of lagoon sands and lush grounds, paving the way for unique event spaces bursting with that inimitable “wow” factor all inspired by the vibrancy of Sanctuary Cove.
At InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort we are looking for F&B Team Leader - Banquets to join our team.
Under the general direction of the Event Services Management Team, oversee the smooth running of InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort outlets, ensuring we provide guests with food and beverage products and service in line with InterContinental standards, InterContinental Brand Service Behaviours and the IHG Winning Ways.
Assist with the Food and Beverage operation as required to ensure compliance with all governmental regulations and other required standards concerning health, safety, other requirements.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with F&B Management regarding daily duties.
- Constructively participate in team meetings, ensuring communication flows throughout the team.
- Assist with supporting the development of the team to maximise performance and great company culture.
- Ensure guest satisfaction and customer experience by following IHG policies and procedures
- Assist and monitor rostering to ensure all shifts are covered to required level.
- Order inventory based on outlet par levels, assist in inventory-taking as required and assist in resolving discrepancies in inventory.
- Develop and maintain cohesive working relationships within immediate team, and wider hotel team.
- Assist in ensuring all ongoing training for Food and Beverage Attendants is kept up to date
- Assist throughout the service period to keep the operation running smoothly and efficiently.
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same.
What we need from you
- Qualification in Hospitality desirable
- RSA Certificate
- Minimum 2 years experience in Events / Banquets position
- Friendly Persona
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects the high standard of the hotel and the IHG brand.
- Time management skills, delegation, a drive for results and strong employee engagement skills.
- Neat Personal Presentation
- Flexibility - mornings, evenings, weekends and public holidays are all part of the job
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including :
- Paid birthday leave
- Hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts
- Enhanced parental leave
- Proactive health days and flexible work options.
- Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program
- IHG Career Milestone celebrations
- Transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
- Access to our discount retail platform that makes your pay for even further
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
To find out more about InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort visit - https://www.sanctuarycove.intercontinental.com
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook- @intercontinentalsanctuarycove
Follow us on Linkedin- https://www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-sanctuary-cove-resort/
**You must have full working rights in Australia**
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.