Food & Beverage (Part-Time) | InterContinental Sydney Double Bay
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney Double Bay (SYDIC)
Job number: EMEAA33163
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. InterContinental Sydney Double Bay is an exclusive address offering luxury and privacy at its finest, located in the leafy Eastern Suburbs village of Double Bay. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
As a Food & Beverage Attendant, you will have the opportunity to:
- Create and set a warm and fun atmosphere to ensure a welcoming guest experience
- Prepare and serve drinks to high standards, and highlight promotions to guests
- Work with your kitchen colleagues to offer a seamless food service
- Be ready to jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
- Always follow safety procedures
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fitness – you’ll be on your feet most of the day with lots of bending and kneeling
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects like barrels and crates up to 50lbs (23 kg)
- Experience – you’ll have experience working in a bar or food service environment serving guests.
- Compliance – you’ll hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol and fluent in the local language
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, includin
- Duty Meals
- Paid birthday leave
- Proactive health days
- Uniform and dry cleaning
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.