Head of Food & Beverage
Location: United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Hotel: Wotton House Country Estate Hotel (GUIDW)
Job number: R204028
Wotton House is looking for a Head of Food & Beverage, to drive and manage our busy Food & Beverage Department, and ensure we become market leading within Surrey.
Our Food & Beverage Operations Manager should be experienced in the effective and efficient running of hotel food and beverage teams, including bars, resturants & Conference & events , ensuring profit ratios are achieved, brand standards are consistently applied, and guest expectation are consistently exceeded as a result of exceptional service delivery.
So, what’s in for you as a Head of Food & Beverage (just in case you need more persuading):
- Up to £50,000.00 salary
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
What we need from you
This role will give a great opportunity for an Experienced Food & Beverage Leader to work alongside the Restaurant & Bars Manager to coach the food & Beverage teams and manage all Food &Beverage Operations.
You will work collaboratively with other Head of Departments to deliver a seamless guest experience, particularly where food & Beverage are a critical component of the experience.
Our Head of Food & Beverage is accountable for: Meeting & Events | Hotel Restaurants & Bars | Breakfast | In Room Dining | Weddings and Afternoon Teas |
- Creates and executes the overall hotel food and beverage strategy.
- Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning (including recruitment and rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Oversee and deliver weddings, conference and events to an excellent standard
- Review, audit and remedy of issues found for food and beverage systems and ways of working; including but not limited to menu engineering, stock control, HACCP across all divisions, restaurant and bar reservation processes, food quality and service delivery
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Owns with F&B managers, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Experience in leading teams effectively
Our Head of Food & Beverage should come from a Destination Hotel Background environment with extensive Weddings and Events Experience, and have a true understanding of delivering high standards of service consistently and developing a team to live the hotels values.
Head of Food & Beverage Requirements:
- To have led food and beverage departments for 3 or more years in a hotel brand and have Events Management experience of the same classification (as minimum) with comparable size and complexity
- Is a personal license holder
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level and demonstrate thirst for F&B knowledge through travel, completion of courses such as WSET or stages completed
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes–table reservation and management system, Delphi(or respective M&E diary management system), front and back end of Micros Simphony (or relevant POS),Procure Wizard and Quinyx
Wotton House Country Estate Hotel near Dorking, is an estate like no other. In what was once the former seat of the Evelyn family, this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. Here, a mix of original features and 21st-century style set the tone so that all events are memorable: a wedding day like no other, business meetings that become an unexpected pleasure, training that delights and inspires. Dining is relaxed whether it's a meal in the 1877 Restaurant, or a party for 200 with simple yet delicious food. Afternoon tea is served daily in The Morning Room, whilst upstairs; you'll find a collection of beautifully refurbished bedrooms and suites. 13 acres of grounds so our guests explore Italian gardens, Roman temples, manicured lawns and Surrey Hills beyond.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Head of Food & Beverage, then please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.