Food & Beverage Operations Manager
Location: United States, New York, New York
Hotel: InterContinental - New York Times Square (NYCHC)
Job number: R203422
Do you see yourself as an Operations Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The InterContinental New York Times Square is a refreshing sanctuary from the sights and sounds of NYC. Rising 36 stories above the world-famous Times Square District, crossroads of theater, dining, entertainment and business worlds, our luxury hotel is the quintessential New York City experience. Located at 44th Street and 8th Avenue, our Times Square hotel in midtown Manhattan is within walking distance to Broadway, as well as extraordinary shopping and fabulous restaurants. With a chic Manhattan residential feel encompassing natural elements, InterContinental Times Square features 607 guestrooms and 4 suites with floor-to-ceiling windows offering stunning panoramic views of the Manhattan skyline, Hudson River and Broadway district
Your day to day
Assist in managing all food and beverage outlets. Supervise any F&B area at any given time and ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives. Assist in other areas as required. Adhere to federal, state and local regulations concerning health safety or other compliance requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise day-to-day shift activities of one or more food and beverage outlet(s). Schedule employees to ensure proper shift coverage. Assist in communicating and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Schedule routine inspections of F&B outlets, meeting rooms, PDR and back of the house areas, public space, to ensure furnishings, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Participate in revenue management meetings, when required and actively participate in building F&B related room packages.
- Ensure all F&B revenues recorded daily both in outlets and banquets.
- Recommend and/or Initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and certified if applicable and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival in all locations. Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Maintain appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Assist in monitoring performance of all outlets through analysis of guest feedback and financial results. Make recommendations for corrective action as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and enforcing procedures to (1) ensure the security and proper storage of F&B inventory, and equipment, (2) ensure the security of monies, credit and financial transactions, (3) replenish supplies, inventory, uniforms, etc. in a timely and efficient manner, and (4) to minimize waste and control costs.
- Ensure that all F&B equipment (coffee and soda machines, registers, etc.) is in proper operational condition and is cleaned on a regular basis. Ensure that all facilities are cleaned, vacuumed, and properly stocked according to anticipated business volumes.
- Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Housekeeping, Maintenance and Guest Services.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Vendors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
- Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
- Other contacts as needed (professional organizations, community groups, local media)
- May serve as Manager on Duty
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Assists with the supervision of a number of service employees such as wait staff, buspersons, cashier/greeters, in one or more food and/or beverage outlet(s) in a large, full-service, luxury, or resort hotel.
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one-year supervisory experience in a full service restaurant or similar setting. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with customers, employees and third parties
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, and inventory management are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So, what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.