Food and Beverage Manager (Full-Time) l InterContinental Miami Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, Florida, Miami
Hotel: Miami (MIAHA), 100 Chopin Plaza, 33131
Job number: 105751
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.
A Shining Star Among Downtown Miami Hotels, the InterContinental Miami features the city's premier accommodations, convention, and meeting facilities. Overlooking sparkling Biscayne Bay, we provide a secure, inviting environment in a well-established area of the city. Priding ourselves on being ONE GREAT TEAM, and seven times TOP WORKPLACES of South Florida by the Sun Sentinel.
Your day to day:
As a Food and Beverage Manager, you’ll manage food and beverage operations to ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programs and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimize waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
What we need from you:
- Two years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a full service restaurant or similar setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Hospitality Management Degree or some college preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Moving about the outlet(s)
- Handling objects, products
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with customers, employees and third parties
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork, ordering, and giving and receiving instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, cash handling, and inventory management are utilized frequently.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer:
In return we will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities/ Females/ Veterans/ Disabled.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.