Food & Beverage Manager (Full-Time) | Holiday Inn Potts Point
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Holiday Inn - Potts Point-Sydney (SYDAS)
Job number: EMEAA32646
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Your day to day
Reporting to the Operations Manager, as Food & Beverage Manager, you will manage and drive the overall food and beverage operations of the hotel including the restaurant, bar, room service, and banquets, ensuring quality service and standards while delivering a unique guest experience. Additionally, you will drive, support, and lead the Food and Beverage team to deliver on this experience.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Food & Beverage supervisory/management related position with demonstrated leadership experience, preferably within a hotel environment
- Diploma in Hotel Management and/or Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management or related field preferred
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card and First Aid Qualifications are required.
- A strong leader, good team player and be supported by excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and an ability to work collaboratively and champion change
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and priortise workloads
- Ability to manage complex relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, staff, and third parties that reflects highly on the Hotel, the Holiday Inn and IHG
- Great communication skills
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.