Food & Beverage Manager
Location: United States, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh
Hotel: EVEN - Pittsburgh Downtown (PITEV)
Job number: R189444
At EVEN® Hotels we provide a thoughtful lifestyle offering for travelers seeking more options to stay healthier and balanced away from home.
Our hotels and wellness-savvy colleagues offer guests a best-in-class fitness experience, healthier food options and flexible working spaces. We inspire our guests to stay on track with their wellness routines so they can be at their best and achieve more. As a member of the EVEN® Hotels team, you’ll bring your passion for wellness, encouraging others and building connections with every interaction.
Your day to day
As Food and Beverage Manager, you’ll manage food and beverage operations to ensuring quality service and standards are maintained to deliver a memorable guest experience. Always following government regulations concerning health, safety or other requirements.
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programs and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programs and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimize waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top food and beverage job in the hotel. Supervising a large number of team members in one or two food and beverage outlets, kitchens, and may include banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
What we need from you
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management
- 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred
- Must speak local language
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.