Head of Food & Beverage
Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R188442
Do you have experience in Leading Food & Beverage Operations?
Are you looking for a Food & Beverage Leadership role that will offer you Flexibility, variety, diversity and where you can stamp you mark on the Food and Beverage departments?
voco St David’s Cardiff are looking for a Food & Beverage Leader to join the 5* team, on a full time basis
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer” The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Our Food & Beverage Leader ship role will ensure the effective and efficient running of the hotel food and beverage teams ensuring profit ratios are achieved, working with our Food & Beverage Services Manager and Team, Members you will ensure brand standards are consistently applied and that a 5* service is achieved at all times, ensuring guest expectation are consistently exceeded as a result of exceptional service delivery
You will work collaboratively with other Head of Departments to deliver a seamless guest experience, particularly where food & Beverage are a critical component of the experience.
Your day to day
Our Food & Beverage Leadership role will give a great opportunity for an Experienced Food & Beverage Director / Manager to coach and lead the food & Beverage teams and play a major part in the property’s growth and development.
Accountable for: Meeting & Events | Lounges | Pantry | Breakfast | In Room Dining | Minibar | Hotel Restaurant | Hotel Bar | Coffee Shop | Main Kitchen | Satellite Kitchens
- Supports with the creation of, and executes the overall hotel food and beverage strategy
- Accountable for overall performance of the team including guest experience, workforce planning (including recruitment and rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Regular review, audit and remedy of issues found for food and beverage systems and ways of working; including but not limited to menu engineering, stock control, HACCP across all divisions, restaurant and bar reservation processes, food quality and service delivery
- Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new Food & Beverage initiatives
- Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance that promotes company culture.
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Create environment where best practice can be shared
- Owns with managers, performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Creates pride in team to deliver consistent guest experience
- Demonstrates relevant cross-functional experience and/orin-depth knowledge of relevant functional topic
- Experience in leading teams effectively
- Proven track record of delivering results
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience managing a people focused Food & Beverage Department and have strong people management experience.
- Preferred completion of a degree or certificate in Culinary Arts and Wines, Hotel Management or equivalent relevant experience
- To have led one or more food and beverage departments for 3 or more years in a global hotel brand of a 4/5* classification) with comparable size and complexity
- Has experience critically assessing past and future performance, write month end reports and successfully present performance to senior leadership
- Is a personal license holder
- Expected to have completed Food Safety Level 3 and demonstrate thirst for F&B knowledge through travel, completion of courses such as WSET or stages completed
- Knowledge of appropriate F&B systems to support operational processes–table reservation and management system, Delphi (or respective M&E diary management system), front and back end of Micros Simphony (or relevant POS), Procure Wizard and Quinyx
- Is part of external networks and is up to date with critical issues and potential technology and trends in hotel food and beverage
- Can demonstrate commercial acumen relating to F&B with a good understanding of marketing activity and strategies for various booking channels
What we offer
- Market Leading Salary
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
- Company Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (Increasing with Service to a Max 33 Days)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our Voluntary Benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Long service awards which increase with length of service
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Food & Beverage Leader, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK