Food & Beverage Host
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Hotel: Kimpton - Glasgow Blyth (GLAPG)
Job number: R190014
Kimpton Blythswood Square has a fantastic opportunity to join the Food & Beverage team as a Host/ Hostess
We are Looking for Hosts/Hostesses who can commit to a minimum of 24 Hours a week.
We are paying £10.50 per hour, every hour worked paid!
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
We are looking for a Host/ Hostess who is responsible for greeting our guests, seating customers and providing them with a menu and answering adhoc questions.
As Host/ Hostess in the restaurant you will keep the restaurant and bar orderly by keeping track of what is going on at each waiter’s station and tables.
You will ensure a waiter oversees the administrative tasks and taking all orders.
You will manage the restaurant table management system, managing reservations to gain the greatest efficiency and maximise revenue per available seat per hour.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
What’s in for you as a Food & Beverage Host! (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world
- £10.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
You will feel at home with us if you are looking for a place where you can:
- Be yourself: Bring in your individuality and the best and ever improving version of you. Who you are is who we are. So bring the real you.
- Lead yourself: Do the right thing when nobody is watching and take initiative. Find creative new ways to delight guests and colleagues, we trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
- Make it count: Create ridiculously personal experiences (for our guests and our colleagues). What you do matters. You matter.
To succeed as a Host/ Hostess you will need:
- 2 years experience as a waiter or bartender in a busy restaurant and/or bar, experience leading small teams.
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Knowledge of both Micros Simphony (POS) and OpenTable Pro (TMS) an advantage, other POS and TMS essential.
- Hosts will be confident and show natural leadership capability. Hosts should be able to articulate a restaurant and bar revenue cycle especially focussed on how to manage and retain demand.
- Experience with handling guests queries and complaints
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Host/Hostess, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.