InterContinental Adelaide is an iconic luxury hotel located on the banks of the River Torrens, right beside Adelaide Railway Station. We operate 367 rooms, several Food & Beverage outlets and work together as a team to deliver Luxury True Hospitality to our guests and each other. We have a great culture and are looking for great people to join our Restaurant and Bars team!
A little taste of your day-to-day:
● Creating a warm welcome for every single guest that sets the tone for their experience with us
● Deliver timely and personalised service across our various food and beverage outlets as required
● Own your area – keep your work area clean and tidy, all set with supplies and equipment
● Handling cash and credit transactions
● Working closely with your kitchen, restaurant and bar colleagues to deliver a truly seamless food and beverage service
What we need from you:
● The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kgs which can also involve bending and kneeling
● Experienced – You'll be familiar with service skills in restaurant environment. Barista skills and wine knowledge will be beneficial.
● Your problem solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guests leaves with great memories
● Fluency in English – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
● Flexibility - nights, weekends and public holidays are all a part of the job
● Compliant – you’ll be above minimum age required and hold RSA Certification
● Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming and easy to talk to
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing
framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.