Food & Beverage Attendant (Casual) - InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Sanctuary Cove
Hotel: InterContinental - Sanctuary Cove Resort (BNEQL)
Job number: EMEAA21256
InterContinental is the world's largest family of luxury hotels. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs.
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reflects the grand, graceful architecture of a classic Queensland estate, nestled within the beautiful surrounds of Sanctuary Cove. A stunning canvas of food and beverage possibility and an enviable collection of exclusives, the Resorts unique meetings and events spaces and five Restaurants and bars have an ingrained philosophy of sustainability. Offering contemporary and unique dining experiences inspired by local produce and authentic flavour with rich personalised service to bring it all to life – the possibilities are endless, for the moments you can create for our guests and your career.
Your day to day
We're currently looking for a casual Food & Beverage Attendant, a key role in our Food & Beverage team focussed on bringing the InterContinental Life alive across our restaurants and bars within the resort and Country Club.
Reporting to the Food & Beverage Team Leaders and Supervisors on shift, you will be the face of the Food & Beverage operation of the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort.
Great restaurant memories come from many places. The sights, sounds, scents and, importantly, service. As a Food & Beverage Attendant you’ll welcome our guests, recommend food and beverage options and help keep service on-track and up to standard. By tailoring each guest’s experience to their unique tastes, you’ll create memories as delightful as the dishes. Workings across multiple venues, you will be exposed to a variety of service styles from a la carte to fine dining and event service.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will have;
- Exceptional customer service skills working in a luxury resort environment.
- The ability to create dining experiences exceeding our customers’ needs and expectations, and also have the ability to recommend beverages or any other product, pairing alongside our menus.
- This role involves doing table service, a la carte, cleaning and supporting other outlets, ability of multitasking is a must.
- You will have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- A Queensland Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate, ideally you will have at least six months experience in a resort style food and beverage operation and will be looking to join a vibrant, professional and motivated team that will give you the platform to further develop and build your food and beverage career
- You will also have the flexibility to work various shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and public holidays across a seven day roster.
- You must hold a current Australian driver’s license and also meet the legal requirements to work in this country.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.