Food and Beverage Attendant (Casual) - InterContinental Perth
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Western Australia, Perth
Hotel: InterContinental - Perth City Centre (PERHA)
Job number: EMEAA36559
At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else. At InterContinental Perth City Centre we are here to make our valued guest enjoy the finer things in life to discover the means of experiences that cannot be had anywhere else.
Our Hotel has a number of Food & Beverage venues which will progressively open across 2022 such as:
Ascua - Aptly named Ascua after the Spanish word for ember, our menu is designed around the wood-fired grill, dry aged beef, fresh Western Australian seafood and sommelier selected wines.
Heno & Rey - Hola! With a focus on using fresh, West Australian produce to create Spanish inspired flavours, Heno & Rey’s is a casual tapas bar where passion for food and drink mirrors the Spanish approach to life.
Gallery Meeting Suites & Loft - Is a blend of contemporary and residential meeting and event space. The sophisticated setting welcomes creativity, discussion and innovation.
We are looking for a casual Food & Beverage Attendant to join our Restaurant & Bar team and help us create dining experiences that exceeding our customers’ needs and expectations.
** Our Team are proud winners of the AHA-WA Excellence in Workplace Culture Award for 2021 and 2022! **
Your day to day
As a Food & Beverage Attendant, you will be responsible for…
- Working across multiple food and beverage operations – restaurant and bars, conference & events, and room service.
- Preparing and serving food and drinks to high standards, while highlighting promotions to guests and maximising up-selling opportunities.
- Ensuring the security and proper storage of food and beverage products & equipment, and replenishing supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimising waste.
- Working with and supporting your colleagues to offer seamless service to our guests.
- Looking after your outlet – keeping it clean and tidy, clearing glasses, food and other items in a professional manner.
What we need from you
The ideal candidate will...
- Over 1 years proven experience in working in a busy and modern restaurant or bar.
- Exceptional customer service skills and have a high ability to interact with guests & colleagues.
- Be a skilled multi-tasker.
- Have an eye for detail and be an enthusiastic and approachable person who is motivated to take ownership and consistently deliver a unique guest experience.
- Have beverage knowledge of wines, beers and spirits.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and support the wider team success.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Be flexible with their availability – for example either early mornings, evenings/ nights, weekends and public holiday shifts.
A candidate must also...
- Have the legal right to work in Australia without limitation or restrictions.
- Hold a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification.
What we offer
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Free meals on shift
- Laundered uniform supplied
- Discounted CBD carparking
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- A massive colleague discounts platform for all your favorite brands and retailers
- Most importantly, your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of leave entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Perth City Centre and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.