Food & Beverage Attendant - Banquets (Casual)
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: Australia, South Australia, Adelaide
Hotel: Adelaide (ADLHA), North Terrace, 5000
Job number: 116769
- Striving to make every meal truly memorable for our guests by serving up high standards with our signature flare
- Working closely with your banquet restaurant colleagues to deliver a truly seamless food and beverage service
- Handling cash and credit transactions
- Setting up and packing down conference & event spaces. Be prepared to flip rooms pre and post event
- Adhering to standard operating procedures and Banquet Event Orders to pull off flawless experiences each and every time
- Helping set exceptional cleanliness standards across all work areas and equipment
- Minimising waste and keeping your supervisor or duty manager in the loop about any unsafe equipment, low supplies, or safety incidents
- Taking on ad-hoc duties to keep the service running smoothly
- The strength to lift, push and pull big objects up to 23 kg which can also involve bending and kneeling
- Great communication – you’ll be warm, welcoming, and easy to talk to
- A good grasp of reading, writing and basic maths
- Possess the ability to work under pressure; thinking quickly on your feet and solving problems promptly
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- The flexibility to work night, weekend, and public holidays
- Compliance with local laws on food handling and serving alcohol – you’ll need to be above the minimum age required and have valid South Australian Responsible Service of Alcohol certification
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing, including paid birthday leave, enhanced parental leave, flexible work options and proactive health days. Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.