Food & Beverage All Rounders (Full-time & Part-time & Casual ) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA30191
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We invite you to join us at this incredibly exciting time for our hotel as part of our all rounder Food & Beverage team. We have several opportunities now available for experienced F&B all-rounders; with Full-time and Part-time positions available.
Work across all areas of F&B including restaurants, events, in-room dining, behind the Bar, as a Barista and more!
Your day to day
As part of the F&B team no day is ever the same. So, depending on your experience you may find yourself delivering breakfast one day or mixing up our signature cocktail; being the friendly face that our guests see at breakfast; setting up our Grand Ballroom or creating romantic moments serving at one our intimate and luxurious weddings; to delivering exceptional in-room dining options or working the coffee machine at a busy corporate event.
Our F&B all rounder roles are a fabulous opportunity to work in all areas of our F&B operations and gain a solid skill base in all things food and beverage service delivery.
Our F&B team is closely knit, we work hard, have fun & absolutely love creating memorable luxury experiences for our guests. We are super excited about launching our newly refurbished Hotel and F&B spaces and we would love you to join us!
What we need from you
- 1+years’ experience in Food & Beverage/Restaurant, events or similar role, knowledge of F&B service is an advantage
- Barista experience would be great but if not we will train you up
- Passionate about delivering warm and welcoming customer service & memorable guest experiences
- Amazing communication & interpersonal skills - you are a people’s person
- Excellent attention to detail & commitment to high standards - we are a Luxury hotel experience
- You must meet the legal requirements to live & work in Australia
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Must have working rights in Australia
What we offer
Join our talented team and you have the ability to supercharge your guest-facing hospitality career while giving you all the flexibility to live life on your own terms.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey
- Fun, supportive, high performing team, offering plenty of mentoring & coaching opportunities to develop your career
- Flexible work options to ensure balance and well being
- Some of the best employee discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense employee discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- and much more
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
- We recognise, value & celebrate diversity & inclusion and at IHG everyone has Room to Belong
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.