Food Runner (Spire 73) - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: InterContinental - Los Angeles Downtown (LAXHC)
Job number: USA22426
Do you see yourself as a Food Runner? What's your passion? At IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Expedite food from kitchen to customer to ensure prompt service of meals to guests.
- Maintain all assigned food production service areas in an orderly manner in compliance with sanitation and health regulations
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Guest Services.
- Deliver food from kitchen to guests table. Place food in proper position and announce food as it is placed in front of guest, if required.
- Assist the wait staff in the service of food in accordance with the established standards
- Set up station in the kitchen
- Maintain the orderly upkeep of coolers and storage areas
- Assist in table set up and cleaning when required. Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the restaurant in all areas.
- May assist with other duties as needed, such as welcoming, greeting and seating guests, counting and exchanging soiled linen, polishing glassware or silverware, etc.
What we need from you
High school diploma or equivalent. Some prior food service experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen, outlet or other designated areas
- Handling food, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communicating with other people, listening and following up on basic guest requests
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
What we offer
Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please click “Apply” and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.