Financial Reporting Manager (9 month fixed term)
Location: United Kingdom, England, Burton on Trent
Hotel: Corp Branston
Job number: R195575
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
As a member of the Global Financial Reporting team, the key duty is the preparation of the year end and interim consolidated financial statements of IHG. This is a technical role and the job holder will need to have a good working knowledge of IFRS as applied in a global organisation. Adherence to reporting deadlines is essential as is the ability to produce value-added commentaries and supporting documents for senior executives as required.
The job holder will ensure that the Group’s accounting policies and Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to. Close working relationships will be established with regional financial reporting teams, global process teams, Group Tax, Group Treasury, Company Secretariat and Investor Relations. The job holder will also need to liaise with the external auditors on a regular basis. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products will be required. Success is measured through the timely and accurate production of the Group’s year end and interim financial statements.
- To play a key role in the preparation of the year end and interim consolidated financial statements of IHG in accordance with agreed deadlines, including the provision of value-added commentaries and supporting schedules as required.
- Preparation of notes to the annual financial statements under IFRS, including liaison with the Group tax department, Group treasury and Company Secretariat as appropriate.
- Review and understand quarterly submissions from regional financial reporting teams through enquiry and challenge of unusual and unexpected items.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date knowledge of all matters related to IFRS and other relevant regulatory accounting requirements.
- Ensure that relevant Sarbanes-Oxley processes and controls are adhered to.
- To establish good working relationships with the external auditors and thereby help to facilitate a smooth audit process.
- Facilitate the external audit of the Group reporting submissions and financial statements. Prepare or review work-papers for internal / external auditors.
- To carry out investigations and such other duties as may be required including ad hoc project work.
What we need from you
Educational Attainment: ACA or equivalent accounting qualification. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required in a relevant discipline.
Critical Expertise & Experience: Minimum 2+ years experience in a financial reporting environment, either within the accountancy profession or in industry. Experience of producing consolidated financial statements under IFRS essential. Exposure to the challenges of working in a global organisation preferred. Oracle HFM (or other consolidation software) experience an advantage.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Detailed technical knowledge of IFRS
- Proficiency in Oracle HFM and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to develop and maintain working partnerships in a global organisation
- Flexible and able to respond to short deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advocate of strong internal control environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great hybrid working environment, we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.