Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R194306
voco St. David’s Cardiff are looking for a Finance Manager to join their 5* team!
Set on Cardiff Bay's waterfront, voco St David's Cardiff makes a bold statement, with its glass-fronted façade, private balconies, floor-to-ceiling windows, and coastal setting. The Admiral at voco® St David’s Cardiff is our eclectic restaurant and bar. Our bold flavours draw inspiration from world food cultures and blend perfectly with the best seasonal produce Wales has to offer” The Marine Spa, located in the hotel, offers just the place to unwind and has been voted one of the best spas in the UK. voco St David's Cardiff is a wonderful setting for meetings, conferences, weddings and celebrations alike.
At voco® everyone’s a host, if there’s one thing we know, it’s that a great host is at the heart of every great stay as we understand what our guest wants by delivering easy-going but attentive service.
Our Finance Managers support our Finance Business Partner and BSC in producing the monthly accounts meeting all deadlines and adhering to IHG Policy & Procedures
Finance Managers work closely with the operations and non operations teams, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialize in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
Finance Managers receive some great benefits including:
- Up to £35,000 salary (Dependant on experience)
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Uniform Provided
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference – we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
Working within the Finance Team our Finance Managers key responsibilities include:
- Income Audit - Complete Daily Income Audit as per Checklist, resolving imbalances directly with Hotel Team members & identifying and raising significant audit discrepancies with the Cluster Finance Lead & senior management
- Accounts Payable - Management of Procure Wizard Procurement system.
- Accounts Receivable - Assisting BSC in daily AR billing & query resolution. Providing support in Debt Chasing where required.
- Payroll working with HR and MyHR; Quinyx & ADP systems, to ensure Payroll is processed in a timely manner & authorised to IHG Audit guidelines.
- Petty Cash management
- Completing other Ad Hoc Management Accounting requests such as providing prompt Forecast updates of Operating or Payroll costs.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with BSC team to daily & monthly accounting timelines as detailed in Accounting SOP's
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Financial Controller to ensure timely production of accounts & complying with Statutory and CSA Audit requirements.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have experience working in a Finance Role in a hotel or hospitality environment and hold an accounting qualification preferred or applicable work experience.
- With previous experience of working within a team environment
- Preferably having had direct relationships with a Head Office / Area / Offshore Accounting function.
- Knowledge of AP; AR; Income Audit and Payroll, ideally within a hospitality environment.
- Demonstrates relevant functional experience and good knowledge of relevant topics
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team (if applicable)
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Finance Manager, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.