Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: Kimpton - Fitzroy London
Job number: EMEAA32586
Kimpton Fitzroy London are looking for a Finance Manager to join their 5* team.
A “London Hotel Like No Other”, Kimpton Fitzroy London is an iconic 19th-century building which meets the London of today: From the outside, this landmark building, which occupies the eastern side of Bloomsbury’s Russell Square, looks every bit the part of grande dame. Inside, though, contemporary interiors beckon the discerning traveller to settle in and stay a while. Want to be part of this Lifestyle Luxury property?
Our finance team are bold and dynamic professionals who meticulously drive the business and strive to deliver an experience that is beyond expectation - creating memorable moments for our guests.
Our Financial Managers are excited by numbers and attention to detail in order to support and develop our passionate hoteliers. You will support the Finance Business Partner and BSC in producing the monthly accounts meeting all deadlines and adhering to IHG Policy & Procedures.
As an integral part of the management team, you will work proactively to ensure guest satisfaction and the smooth running of the finance department.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion!
What’s in it for you as our Finance Manager:
We are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts® family, a global company - which means global opportunities! We are a market leader with the aim of delivering ‘True Hospitality for Good’. Our Finance Manager enjoys a range of benefits including:
- Competitive Salary plus great IHG perks!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide hotel room rates and F&B discounts for all employees – plus Friends & Family.
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our HAPI benefit portal – with access to over 15,000 stores (Supermarkets, clothing stores, cinema tickets, eye care vouchers)
- Season ticket loan
- 24/7 access to our staff wellbeing service ‘Yourhalo’, providing free confidential support and guidance for mental and physical health and financial wellbeing.
- Complimentary monthly wellbeing initiatives plus medical plan.
- Subsidised taxi journey home for shifts finishing between 00:00 and 05:00
- 50% off F&B in our restaurants (Galvin Bar & Grill, Burr & Co, Palm Court and Fitz’s Bar)
- Recognition through our Bravo programme – Where you can give and receive rewards & recognition for outstanding work!
- Continual Learning & Development opportunities
- Access to HIT Apprenticeships
- Employee of the month programme
- Exciting social events throughout the year!
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Generous ‘Refer a friend’ programme
- Meals whilst on duty in our staff restaurant
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
At Kimpton, our shared mission is to make lives better through heartfelt human connections. This emotional investment drives all that we do, and it’s why you’ll love the work, too. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests. As our Finance Manager your day to day will involve the following:
- Accounts Payable - Managing of Procure Wizard Procurement system.
- Accounts Receivable - Assisting BSC in daily AR billing & query resolution. Providing support in Debt Chasing where required.
- Income Audit - Complete Daily Income Audit as per Checklist, resolving imbalances directly with Hotel Team members & identifying and raising significant audit discrepancies with the Finance Business Partner & senior management.
- Payroll working with HR and MyHR; Quinyx & ADP systems, to ensure Payroll is processed in a timely manner & authorized to IHG Audit guidelines.
- Petty Cash
- Completing other Ad Hoc Management Accounting requests such as providing prompt Forecast updates of Operating or Payroll costs.
- Coaching and supporting the hotel teams to achieve CSA (internal audit) excellence.
- Ensure all elements relating to the finance department are in line with CSA and SOX best practise.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with BSC team to daily & monthly accounting timelines as detailed in Accounting SOP's
- Be a part of bringing the Kimpton vision to life.
To succeed as our Finance Manager, you will need:
- Experience of Hotel Finance of 2-3 years in a supervisory/management capacity
- Knowledge of appropriate hotel systems to support operational processes.
- Preferably having had direct relationships with a Head Office / Area / Offshore Accounting function.
- Knowledge of AP; AR; Income Audit and Payroll, ideally within a hospitality environment
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training team members
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
Do you have what it takes to be our Finance Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.