Hotel Brand: voco
Location: United Kingdom, Wales, Cardiff
Hotel: voco™ - St.David’s Cardiff (CWLCD)
Job number: R199037_CWLCD_UK_11
voco St David’s, has a fantastic opportunity to join our Finance Team in Cardiff as a Finance Assistant on a 3 month Fixed term contract.
Our Finance Assistant support our Finance Business Partner and BSC in producing the monthly accounts meeting all deadlines and adhering to IHG Policy & Procedures
Our Finance Associates work closely with the operations and non operations teams, as part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, a FTSE 100 Company with a Global footprint that specialize in delivering True Hospitality for Good.
Finance Assistant, receive some great Benefits:
- £9.00 per hour
- 24 Hours a week (Working over 3/4 Days)
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Discounted international/worldwide room rates for yourself, family and friends
- Access to our voluntary benefits portal which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
- Vast range of learning and development programmes
- Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group both national and international.
- Meals whilst on duty
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through your high-quality front facing customer service work, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- working within the Finance team our Finance Assistants key responsibilities include:
- Accounts Payable - Managing of Procure Wizard Procurement system.
- Accounts Receivable - Assisting BSC in daily AR billing & query resolution. Providing support in Debt Chasing where required.
- Income Audit - Complete Daily Income Audit as per Checklist, resolving imbalances directly with Hotel Team members & identifying and raising significant audit discrepancies with the Cluster Finance Lead & senior management.
- Payroll working with HR and MyHR; Quinyx & ADP systems, to ensure Payroll is processed in a timely manner & authorized to IHG Audit guidelines.
- Petty Cash management
- Completing other Ad Hoc Management Accounting requests such as providing prompt Forecast updates of Operating or Payroll costs.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with BSC team to daily & monthly accounting timelines as detailed in Accounting SOP's
- Other responsibilities as designated by the Financial Controller to ensure timely production of accounts & complying with Statutory and CSA Audit requirements.
Given the nature of this role it’s important that you have experience working in a Finance Role in a hotel or hospitality environment and hold an accounting qualification preferred or applicable work experience.
- With previous experience of working within a team environment
- Knowledge of AP; AR; Income Audit and Payroll, ideally within a hospitality environment - Prefered but not essenytial
- Demonstrates relevant functional experience and good knowledge of relevant topics
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Finance Assistant, then please click ‘apply’ now!
We’d love to hear from you!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.