F&B Attendant (Breakfast) - IHG Army Hotels - San Antonio, TX
Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
Hotel: Foulois House - Historia (MFSHC), Check in at Candlewood Suites Building 2426, 2800 Winfield Scott Road, 78234
Job number: 120055
Do you see yourself as a Food and Beverage Attendant? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. We currently have a Food and Beverage Attendant position available at Joint Base San Antonio - IHG Army Hotels - Fort Sam Houston property located in San Antonio, Texas.
Your Day to Day:
Attend food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the serving or buffet areas.
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish serving or buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
- Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
- Practice the 10-5 rule: When a staff member is 10 feet from a guest, the staff member will smile and make direct eye contact. Even with a mask on, your smile will show in your eyes, and when the staff member is within five feet, they will verbally greet the guest.
- Maintain Clean Promise Standard throughout the serving area, and the lounge/dining area.
- Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment. Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work, serving, and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles, tables as required, sanitizing and disinfecting after each guest use.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
- May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing behind the serving line serving guests for a minimum of 2 hours and moving about the kitchen and breakfast areas for the remainder of shift.
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils.
- Bending, stooping, and kneeling.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and supervisors. Continual communication and interaction with the guest is required to ensure that food orders are filled accurately and that complete guest satisfaction is achieved.
- Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
Work Area: F&B prep and service areas.
What we offer:
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.