Executive Sous chef
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Lebanon, Beirut
Hotel: InterContinental - Phoenicia Beirut (BEYHA)
Job number: EMEAA32800
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
InterContinental Phoenicia Hotel in Beirut is looking to hire an Executive Sous Chef.
Overlooking the Mediterranean, the Phoenicia InterContinental Hotel, Beirut is situated along the famous boardwalk, "Corniche" a few minutes from the city's business and banking district, and the ever lively and entertaining city center.
The Phoenicia Intercontinental with 446 rooms and suites and 33 apartments, along with 5 F&B outlets, and one of the largest banquet facilities in Lebanon.
Your day to day
Assists in managing all food production and stewarding operations with an emphasis on maintaining hygienic standards and FSMS practices, staff training, and overseeing the preparation and presentation of a consistent food product which meets customer’s expectations. Ensure that all hygiene trainings set by IHG FSMS system are implemented.
Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities – (Key Activities of the role)
• Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his absence
• Assists the Chef in the management of the day to day operation of the Food Production and Stewarding sections and informs the Executive Chef of major decisions taken in his/her absence
• Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
o Issuing of food
o Quality and presentation of food and beverage products
o Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
o Guest satisfaction
• Assists the Executive Chef in developing training plans, develops training material in accordance with IHC guidelines and implements training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees
• Assists the Executive Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections
• Assists the Executive Chef in developing popular menus offering guests value for money in accordance with IHG guidelines
• Assists the Executive Chef in planning and organizing successful Food and Beverage activities
• Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results
• Attends and participates to other meetings as required by the administrative calendar
• Assists the Executive Chef in making recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
• Assists the Executive Chef in setting Food Production and Stewarding goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies
• Assists the Executive Chef in determining the minimum and maximum stocks of all food, material and equipment
• Assists the Executive Chef in setting standards of all food and equipment purchases in accordance with IHG guidelines
• Participates in the preparation of the hotel's revenue plan and marketing programs
• Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with the hotel Food and Beverage operation
• Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel show and site visits
• Works with Executive Chef in manpower planning and management needs
• Works with Executive Chef in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
What we need from you
• Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
• Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local government agency.
• Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
• Diploma or Vocational Certificate in Culinary Skills or related field.
• 3 years experience as a chef or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a similar operation (preferably 5 star hotels)
What we offer
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests.
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay.
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs.
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.