Executive Meeting Manager
Location: United States, Texas, Houston
Hotel: InterContinental - Houston Medical Center (HOUIT)
Job number: R202843
Do you see yourself as an Executive Meeting Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Revel in modern design paired with unrivaled hospitality in the heart of the Texas Medical Center at the InterContinental Houston - Medical Center. Adjacent to the world’s largest medical center, our hotel provides easy access to the city's top attractions with METRORail, which is within walking distance of the property. Discover Houston's fine dining, renowned international arts, and famous Museum District. Stay with Confidence in the world's first hotel with the IVP Air Filtration System.
For 75 years, the InterContinental® Brand has been writing the story of international travel and showing guests the InterContinental Life through personalized service, memorable, one of a kind experiences and global etiquette. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs; inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
- Develop business opportunities through direct selling and telemarketing efforts.
- Responsible for in-house client requests related to meetings and group activities.
- Actively cultivate business by frequently communicating with client organizations, associations, travel agents and commercial businesses through direct telemarketing, direct mail, prospecting for leads, and incoming calls for the purpose of securing new business.
- Respond to client special requests on meeting details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Ensure that current and prospective client database is maintained.
- Negotiate room blocks, room rates, and book meeting rooms and other hotels services within approved guidelines.
- Resolve requests and or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May coordinate outside vendor services needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
- May perform routine administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc., completing reports, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars, answering phones, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
What we need from you
High School diploma or equivalent, some prior college or experience in a sales/catering office or related field preferred. Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
• Frequently standing up within and outside of the facility.
• Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties.
• Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
• Handling objects, products and computer equipment.
• Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
• Reading and writing abilities are utilized often. • Basic math skills are used frequently.
• May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package including healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and a matching 401K plan. WE OFFER FREE PARKING AND FREE MEALS PER EACH SHIFT YOU WORK. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 4800 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.