Executive Lounge Manager (Full-time) | InterContinental Sydney
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: InterContinental - Sydney (SYDHA)
Job number: EMEAA34666
Welcome to the height of luxury, where heritage wonder and contemporary flair collide. Centrally positioned in the heart of Circular Quay, InterContinental Sydney extends breathtaking panoramic views of the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Set within the beautifully restored Treasury Building of 1851, InterContinental Sydney is renowned as one of the city’s prized icons. With 509 guest rooms including 28 luxury suites, an award-winning and world class Club InterContinental lounge and vibrant dining venues, a complete five-star experience awaits.
We are delighted to be at the final stage of our exquisite $100-million-dollar hotel refurbishment, set to transform all guest rooms, suites and public spaces; introduce new restaurants and bars; and restore the heritage features of our landmark building.
Join us at this incredibly exciting time for our Hotel to lead our Club InterContinental venue as Executive Lounge Manager.
Your day to day
An inspiring leader, you will be ensuring all aspects of our Executive Lounge operations are running perfectly to deliver a world class service and a unique VIP Luxury guest experience.
This role is heavily focused on Food and Beverage service so experience in this area at manager level is crucial. Additionally, you may have also had previous leadership experience in events or front office but not essential.
Supported by your two assistant managers and working in partnership with the Director of Bars, Food and Beverage Manager and culinary team, your focus will be:
- Lead the guest experience journey across all areas of Executive Lounge operations with specific focus on exceptional F&B service and experiences
- Ensure your team are trained, inspired and confident to deliver on our VIP service standards and our Luxury service promise
- Responsible for the financial and commercial performance of the venue including managing the P&L and driving revenue and sales.
You will have the opportunity to shape the success of the venue and position Club InterContinental as one of the world's premier Executive Lounges within the luxury hotel market.
What we need from you
- Previous leadership experience within a Luxury or VIP environment
- A strong background in F&B management
- Proven ability to run a commercially successful venue or outlet achieving financial, revenue and operational goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education qualification highly regarded
- Impeccable presentation and grooming we are a luxury venue
- Ability to connect with VIP guests and visitors is an absolute must
- You must meet the legal requirements to live and work in Australia
What we offer
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Enhanced parental leave program
- Flexible work options - talk to us about what works for you!
- Proactive paid wellness and mental health days
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts platform for all your favourite brands and retailers
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be InterContinental Sydney and proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
Visit http://careers.ihg.com/ to find out more about us.
$75,000 to $79,999 per annum.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.