Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, California, Los Angeles
Hotel: Los Angeles Downtown (LAXFS), 899 Francisco St, 90017
Job number: 105853
As Executive Housekeeper, you’ll keep all aspects of housekeeping and laundry running smoothly - and ensure high standards are met to deliver memorable and unique guest experiences.
- Direct daily activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognise good performance.
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff are properly trained and have the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods.
- Make sure the quality of housekeeping and laundry services is always superb - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make rooms special and memorable for guests.
- Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms and public areas to ensure furnishings, rooms, equipment, linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
- Carry out special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members.
- Help guests with their questions and complaints to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Look smart - wear your uniform with pride.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment whilst minimising waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling, and cleaning agents).
- Reunite items with owners - and log any lost and found property.
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as manager on duty.
- Help prepare and monitor the hotel’s annual budget with a focus on increasing profitability.
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing cost per room for supplies and labour Carry out the special requests from guests, VIPs, repeat visitors and club members.
Key Skills & Experiences
- High School Diploma / secondary education / equivalent.
- Four years' housekeeping/laundry experience preferably in a hotel of similar size, including supervisory experience. Some college preferred.
- Must be fluent in local language and other languages preferred.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.