Hotel Brand: Kimpton
Location: United Kingdom, Edinburgh
Hotel: Charlotte Square (EDICS), 38 Charlotte Square, EH2 4HQ
Job number: 100281
At Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel, we have an exciting opening to join our team as an Executive Housekeeper…
We are looking for someone who can commit to Full-Time, across a minimum of 5 shifts per week per week. We are paying up to £41,000.00 per annum!
We are looking for an experienced and energetic Executive Housekeeper who will work with our Management team to ensure excellent standards are being met. You will be managing a large Housekeeping team, with busy occupancy levels and strong existing cleanliness scores. If you are a good communicator, organised individual and a great motivator – this could be the role for you! We are looking for someone to inspire and ensure that Team Members are able to succeed to the best of their ability, whilst managing departments P&L, achieving payroll targets and controlling operational costs.
As our Executive Housekeeper, you will be…
- Safeguarding the Kimpton brand by ensuring guest room brand standards are adhered too, utilising brand standard toolkits and building pride in team to deliver a consistent branded experience
- In conjunction with the Director of Facilities & Engineering agree a planned preventative maintenance schedule for guest rooms and public areas
- Plan and organise work schedules for all members of the housekeeping team ensuring maximum efficiencies, flexibility and productivity levels
- Participate in the preparation of the Hotel’s strategic business plan and compile the Housekeeping departmental budget
- Supervise outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance and safe working practices
- Accountable for overall performance of team including cleanliness metrics, workforce planning (including rostering) and departmental profit delivery
- Builds confidence in teams recognising good performance
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Solve complex problems impacting multiple departments or sub-functions
- Analyse problems to understand underlying issues and root causes and makes right
- Owns performance reviews and ongoing colleague engagement
- Creates an inclusive environment where new ideas are welcomed, and best practice can be shared
- Acts as a coach to all managers and team members
- Can explain the purpose and vision of the department in a way which is meaningful and motivating
- Aware of market trends and able to develop a compelling case to implement new housekeeping initiatives
To succeed as our Executive Housekeeper, we are looking for:
- Previous Executive Head Housekeeper and Housekeeping team leadership experience for 2+ years in a property of similar size.
- Experience of 4*+ hotels and working in busy high end properties
- Proven track record with success at coaching and training and implementation of process and audit
- Proven record of self-initiative and demonstrating capability to lead a team
- Demonstrates collaboration with other departments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Shows awareness of market trends and has the ability to implement new initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of statutory regulations ensuring the business is always operated within the law
- Understanding of systems to support driving results –Opera, Microsoft Office and Rostering tools
- Knowledge of service optimization tool such as ‘Quore’ a plus, Previous IHG experience would be preferred.
So why work for us (aside from joining an awesome team…)? Well, look no further!
- Up to £41,000.00 per annum!
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (pro rata) after further service
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates plus an Overnight stay (for you and a plus 1) when probationary period passed
- 50% off on F&B when staying over in IHG properties on Employee Rate
- Discounts off your supermarket shop, other shopping and experiences through our portal!
- 20% off Spa Treatments and £15.00 gym membership in our managed Edinburgh properties plus 25% off in all restaurants & Bars, within both Kimpton Charlotte Square & InterContinental Edinburgh The George, and an amazing 50% off in Burr & Co coffee shop
- Employee assistance programme 24/7 and employee healthcare plan with access to Mental Healthcare first aiders
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world plus opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What is it like to work for Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel?
At Kimpton, we are all about being yourself – we pride individuality and being the best version of you. Our meticulously designed Hotel brings together traditional Edinburgh architecture with an exciting and fresh indoor feel, offering our guests a modern luxurious stay. Welcoming locals to relax in our Garden area (a must visit), experiencing mouth-watering food in BABA restaurant, or guests from far and wide being pampered in our state-of-the-art Spa – we cover it all! We want our guests to have a truly authentic stay making personal connections throughout their visit with us, bring your true self to work, do what you think is right and we will help you to grow and develop.
Does this sound like a team you would love to be a part of? If so, please apply today!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.
At IHG Hotels & Resorts, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We firmly believe that all our colleagues deserve to be treated equally and have the same opportunities to develop and grow their skills within our business and provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and colleagues without regard to an individual's, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital or familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.