Executive Chef - InterContinental Mark Hopkins
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United States, California, San Francisco
Hotel: Mark Hopkins San Francisco (SFOHA), 999 California Street, 94108
Job number: 111050
We believe every plate tells a story. So, we’re searching for an Executive Chef with a palate for serving up truly memorable dishes. Whenever and wherever our guests choose to dine. Behind the scenes, you’ll ensure quality, maintain high standards and keep the kitchen running smoothly.
A little taste of your day-to-day:
Every day is different, but you’ll mostly be:
- Direct daily kitchen activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance.
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed.
- Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Communicate with all hotel department heads to stay informed of kitchen needs and ensure timely responses to requests.
- Encourage guest feedback to improve guest satisfaction.
- Answer guest questions about dishes and kitchen services.
- Help the Food and Beverage Director with event planning.
- You’ll make sure our dishes are always at their best - we have standards - but it’s down to you to make that room special and memorable for guests.
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation to develop your own ideas in the kitchen
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely – always keep stock replenished to minimize waste.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and environment are hygienic and working properly.
- Always follow governmental regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done.
- Complete forecasts, plans, and departmental production reports for management.
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals.
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen.
What We need from you:
- Degree or certificate in culinary arts
- 5 years’ experience as a chef
- Must speak local language(s)
- At least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
What you can expect from us:
We give our people everything they need to succeed. From a competitive salary that rewards all your hard work to a wide range of benefits designed to help you live your best work life – including a full uniform, impressive room discounts and some of the best training in the business.
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
Salary Range: $110,000 - $130,000 annually
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Not applicable for Colorado applicants.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.