Events Sales Manager - Commercial Manager
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, London, London
Hotel: InterContinental - London Park Lane (LONHB)
Job number: R194193
InterContinental London Park Lane, are looking for a Events Sales Manager - Commercial Manager to join our growing team.
Situated at one of the capital’s most prestigious addresses, InterContinental London Park Lane reinvents traditional luxury to present modern and flexible sophistication in the heart of Mayfair. Inspired by its location overlooking the Royal Parks, the hotel delivers elegant natural interiors and award-wining seasonal cuisine.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we live by the saying “Live the InterContinental Life”, This means delivering discreet luxury service whilst offering a true sense of hospitality that money can’t buy.
Our Events Sales Manager - Commercial Manager will take responsibility & accountability for the management of assigned meetings and events. You will work with the department head, ensuring the team offer a knowledgeable and efficient service whilst having a full understanding of the customer needs. To ensure the team Interact and communicate with all departments ensuring that all accurate information is provided and distributed to the team, and to maximize all sales opportunities ensuring that all standards.
So what’s in for you:
As we are part of the IHG Hotels and Resorts family, a FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world, we can offer you a market leading package
- up to £41,000 per annum, plus sales bonus scheme
- Full time contract
- 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days?(Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Opportunities for career progression and to transfer around the world
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
What we need from you
Our people help to make the biggest difference– we strive for perfection in everything we do for our guests, always focussing on what is important to them and always looking to improve. We take pride in the fact that we are experts in what we do and love to demonstrate this expertise to our guests with a sense of flair.
To succeed as our Events Sales Manager - Commercial Manager, you will need:
- A minimum of 1 years experience within a Hotel Conference environment (essential) and /or a minimum of 2 years management experience within a hotel commercial office (desirable)
- A solid track record of revenue achievement in the service and hospitality industry is essential for this role.
- You will have strong strategic planning skills, ability to look ahead and strategies in place to support the plans.
- A degree of knowledge of all market segments i.e. corporate, conference and leisure is crucial.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills are key.
- It is essential that you are able to work well under pressure, with minimal supervision and maintain high standards and attention to detail.
- Coaching and supporting team members to develop
- Extensive Knowledge of Opera, Delphi, Social Tables and Venue verdict
Do you have what it takes to be our Events Sales Manager - Commercial Manager? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK.