Hotel Brand: Principal Hotels
Location: United Kingdom, Yorkshire, York
Hotel: Principal York
Job number: R193986
The Principal York is looking for Events Assistants to join the growing team
Principal York, being steps away from the train station and the perfect base from which to discover the historic city of York. Blending the grandeur of late-Victorian architecture with the comforts of modern travel, at Principal York offers we offer our guests the warmest welcome this side of the Pennines! Our hotel and teams combined, make the Principal York more than just a place to sleep; it is a place to create memories!
We are looking for individuals to work on a part time basis in this fast paced and exciting environment. One day you might be doing a corporate meeting, a baby shower, a Christmas event or a wedding! It really is the department with the most variety!
We want creative, adaptable, and energetic people to work in this varied department.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required.
What’s in for you as an Events Assistant (just in case you need more persuading)
Not bragging but we are part of the IHG hotels and Resort family, FTSE 100 Company, market leader in delivering True Hospitality for Good around the world.
- £9.50 per Hour
- 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases up to a maximum of 33 days (Pro Rated)
- Worldwide employee and friends & family hotel room rates
- Discounts on retail and various activities through our benefit portal
- Employee assistance programme 24/7
- Recognition programmes
- Meals whilst on duty
- Opportunities to get involved in our charitable and community activities
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual
Your day to day
Our people help to make the biggest difference - If you enjoy variety and are at your best when being part of a team as well as being passionate about delivering excellent guest service through delivering high-quality food & beverages to all guests, this role is for you.
It’s important to remember your importance and reason for completing each job- Our guests! From setting up an event, to dealing with customer transaction, or dealing with guest queries.
You’ll be called upon to complete a wide variety of tasks and jobs within the hotel and it’s extremely important that you remain flexible and versatile around this. This is a full guest facing role, where you play a vital part in delivering a fantastic guest experience and it’s important to remain friendly approachable and be the best version of you whenever you come in to contact with one of our guests.
To succeed in our Events team, you will need:
- To be passionate about delivering great service and great food and drinks
- Previous experience as anevent waiter/ bartender is preferential but not a deal breaker!
- Experience with working with customers in a busy environment
- To be willing to learn new things and work as part of a wide hotel team
Do you have what it takes? We’d love to hear from you.
Please click ‘apply’ now!
You must meet the legal requirements to work in the UK