Event Operations Supervisor (Full-Time) | Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach
Hotel Brand: Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
Location: Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Hotel: Sydney Coogee Beach (SYDCB), 242 Arden Street, PO Box 558, 2034
Job number: 102626
There’s nothing complicated about dealing with business people.
They’re just people. Doing business.
By day, international marketing superhero. By night: fluffy bath robe and a box set.
Like Liz, who’s left her laptop cable in the cab. Or Mario, who’s secretly missing his cats. The early riser, who’s first in the gym. The sales team preparing for the ‘big pitch’ over a freshly prepared lunch. At Crowne Plaza Hotels and Resorts, we embrace the new world of business and understand that Modern business travellers want a hotel (and a hotel team) that understands and supports them, helping at every turn.
Reporting into the Event Operations Duty Manager, as an Event Operations Supervisor you’ll lead the banqueting/events team with passion and energy. You’ll support and train the team to deliver quality service and standards, ultimately creating unique guest experiences that drive loyalty and revenue.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum 12 months’ experience in a related position, preferably within a hotel/hospitality environment. Experience in also leading, supporting and driving a team
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food & Beverage related field preferred
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Valid NSW RSA Competency card is required
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and priortise workloads
- Ability to inspire passion, enthusiasm and positivity in the team to drive an engaged, winning culture
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.