Event Manager - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: Australia, Queensland, Hayman Island
Hotel: InterContinental - Hayman Island Resort (HISHA)
Job number: EMEAA21113
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort welcomes a new era of immersive luxury in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Nestled at the northernmost point of Australia’s Whitsunday archipelago, Hayman Island’s location places you moments away from Langford Island, Blue Pearl Bay and Hook Island. This iconic luxury resort includes 168 guest rooms, suites, villas and residences, five distinct restaurants and bars, over 15 event spaces, a transformative Hayman Spa and Salon, and iconic private island experiences including private charters, snorkelling escapades and more.
Your day to day
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you will manage and coordinate the end to end planning of all MICE events on island booked and handed over by the Sales team.
- Overseeing operational delivery on all events, providing support to the wider events team.
- Work closely with the banquet operations team to ensure all events come to life seamlessly.
- Planning and conducting pre-event daily de-brief and post event meetings with clients, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Support the Director of Sales to devise plans to reach and increase catering revenue and oversee the co-ordination and monitoring of all meetings, weddings, sporting groups and social business, manage all VIP events and accurately forecasts C&E revenue and assists with MICE room night forecasting.
What we need from you
This is a 12-month maternity leave opportunity.
Ideally, you will have 3-5 years’ experience as an Event Manager within a large event operation with resort or hotel exposure a plus. You will have demonstrated capability in delivering high end customer service and also have financial, analytical and business acumen partnered with proven ability to deliver on set targets.
What we offer
A wonderful team culture and a world class colleague Village experience for you working and living on Island!
- Our Colleague diner caters an extensive array of food offerings freshly prepared daily by our Village chefs
- Village facilities include a dedicated outdoor swimming pool, shop, bar, private staff beach and activities lawn
- We offer a comprehensive activities program for our colleagues, including wellness, sports, hiking and outdoor activities, movies nights and a lot more
We believe we work better together; our team culture is built on trust and support for each other. We welcome different perspectives and provide every opportunity for you to grow vertically, functionally, geographically and personally.
As part of the wider InterContinental Hotels & Resorts family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, you also enjoy a great range of employee, friends and family discount rates across InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties globally.
We have a number of roles across Full time, Part time and casual, so if this opportunity seems perfect for you we would love to hear from you.
To find out more about InterContinental Hayman Island Resort visit
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook
Follow us on Linkedin
**You must have full working rights in Australia**